Fremont Elks Lodge Territory
To become a member of the Fremont Elks Lodge, you must live in one of these following cities or unicorporated areas in the South East Bay
Fremont, Newark, Milpitas, Union City, Hayward, San Leandro, Castro Valley, San Lorenzo, Cherryland, Fairview, Ashland, Palomares Canyon, Brightside or Sunol
Interested in Joining the Elks?
The Order is a non-political, non-sectarian and strictly American fraternity. Proposal for membership in the Order is only by invitation of a member in good standing. The BPOE started back in the 1800’s as an all-white, male organization, but that narrow minded thinking has all changed… Thankfully!
ALL MEN & WOMEN, over the age of 21, no matter their race, color, religious creed, ancestry or sexual orientation are welcome to apply for membership.
To be accepted as a member:
1. Must be an American citizen
2. Believe in God
3. Be of Good Moral Character
4. Be at least 21 Years Old.
To be eligible for membership in the Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks
- You must be a citizen of the United States over the age of 21 who believes in God.
- You must be sponsored by a member of the Fremont Elks Lodge and reside in the jurisdiction of the Lodge you wish to join.
- You also need two other Elks who will be your co-sponsors. The Elk who proposes you for membership must obtain a Membership Application from the Lodge Leadership.
- After your proposer fills in the required portion, you will be given the Application for Membership. Fill it in, following the instructions and answering all questions. Return the completed application to the Lodge Secretary with the prescribed fees.
- Your application will be read at a regular Lodge meeting. It will then be forwarded to the Investigating Committee, who will call you and set up a time for you and your sponsor to meet with the committee so that they can interview you.
- After the interview is concluded, the committee will report to the Lodge concerning your membership. The members will be given a notice not less than 10 days nor more than two months before the vote will be taken.
- When the vote is concluded, you will be notified and asked to present yourself and your spouse for indoctrination. During indoctrination, you will learn more about the Order’s programs and charities. You will also be told during the program the date you will be initiated.
After initiation as an Elk, you can take part in all meetings and social functions of the Lodge.
If for any reason your application is rejected, you cannot submit another application for membership for six months from the date of rejection.
Please consider joining the best fraternal organization in the world!
Pay your Membership Dues Online
Yearly Dues / Single Annual Payment
Don't know a Fremont Elk?
Fill out this Membership Inquiry Form and we’ll find a sponsor for you….